GEnerative WOrd VAriables is an add-on for Microsoft Word, which adds functionalities to work with document variables.
· Create, insert and update variables.
· Mass-export variables to Excel
· Mass-import variables from Excel
Variables are small reusable text fragments. You change a variable once, and then the document uses the new value everywhere.
Variables are implanted as “document properties”. This is a built-in feature of Microsoft Word, however it is hidden and not user-friendly without GeWoVa.
You can try the free demo version without installation, without it affecting your computer in any way and without any obligation on your part. The demo version is completely functional, but from time to time it will bother you with a popup before executing a command. The popup-free licensed version costs 30 euro.
Homepage: http://www.gewova.com/. Author: Oleg Parashchenko. <olpa gewova com>.
· You write a general description. Instead of concrete technical data, you put in variables.
· You put the technical data of the customized device into an Excel file.
· You import the data from Excel into the generic document. The data goes into the variables, and this way you get the documentation for the customized device.
If the main use does not fit to your task, you might want to use other techniques. Ask a Word expert for help.
· Building blocks
· Mail merge